- The 5 Most Inspiring Businesswomen Under 40Posted 4 years ago
- Walking With Lions: The Zambian ExperiencePosted 4 years ago
- How an Ambitious Woman Can Excel in a Male-Dominated WorkplacePosted 4 years ago
- 22 Motivational Quotes to Read before Starting a BusinessPosted 4 years ago
- The Best Educational Toys for Your KidsPosted 4 years ago
- 14 Great & Inspiring Quotes to Read Before Getting MarriedPosted 4 years ago
Five Homemade Treatments for Soft Skin
Winter weather can be rough on our skin. Wind, low humidity, and indoor heating all work against us, leading to itchy, flaky skin.
A tendency to wash our hands more in the winter to ward off germs may also lead to dry skin, says dermatologist Dr. Molly Eisner.
The goods news is, you don't have to spend a lot of money on fancy lotions, scrubs, creams, or spa treatments to get your smooth skin back.
In fact, because many people have allergies to the essential oils and botanical ingredients used in prescription and store-bought moisturizers, homemade remedies for dry skin are both a beneficial and affordable alternative to traditional treatments, Dr. Jody Levine, the Director of Dermatology at Plastic Surgery & Dermatology of NYC, tells us.
The secret to soft skin is lies in your shower routine - make sure to avoid taking long, hot showers - and your selection of scrubs, cleansers, and moisturizers.
Some of the best ingredients for buffing away dead skin cells and re-hydrating your body and face can be found right in your kitchen pantry.
Here we share five simple recipes guaranteed to soften and hydrate your skin for a natural spring glow.
Olive oil and lemon mask
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Mix the olive oil and lemon juice together.
2. Dab over the face with a cotton ball.
3. Let sit for 15-20 minutes.
Why this is effective:
Olive oil is traditionally thought of as "the beauty oil," according to Dr. Levine. That's because it's rich vitamins A, C, D, and E, and in fatty acids, which are needed to hydrate and repair the skin. Olive oil can used to soothe everything from your eyelids to your lips. Lemon is great for exfoliating and brightening skin.